Login to DuckWeb and update your PAC
DuckWeb is the University of Oregon’s online information system. You will need your UO Student ID and PAC to login to Duckweb. You received your PAC by mail when you submitted your application for admission. You will also receive your PAC in your letter of acceptance, unless you (or someone else) has already logged into your DuckWeb account. Once you login to Duckweb you will be prompted to update your PAC. Update your PAC to a password you can remember, as you will use it often. If your letter of acceptance does not include your PAC, or you forgot it, you can reset your PAC.
Submit your intent to register form (Fall Term Only)
- Undergraduate Admits: Complete the Intent to Register form
- Graduate Admits: Each Graduate program requires different procedures for informing the program of you intent to enroll. Please contact them directly for further information.
Create your Duck ID and UO email account
Your Duck ID is your UO email address. Set up your UO email account. Click on 'Claim Your Duck ID.' You will need your UO ID number and your PAC (see step 1).
Having trouble? Visit the IT website.
Complete the required online orientation
All students must complete this pre-arrival training course. If you are in China, please use the second button below to view the online orientation. If you have any technical issues while completing the training please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete online testing
- Undergraduate students must complete their AEIS English Language Placement Test AND Math Placement Test before traveling to Eugene. If you do not complete both tests, you will not be allowed to register for classes. Check your UO e-mail to stay updated on the testing process.
- Graduate Students: Placement testing is not required for MOST graduate students. Make sure you understand all your program requirements by communicating with your academic department.
- Exchange Students: Placement testing is not required.
Submit Proof of Immunizations/Vaccines
You are required to submit records of mandatory immunization (vaccines) and a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire before you can register for classes. Please complete the following tasks before arrival to the U.S.
- Get your mandatory vaccines in your home country before entering the U.S. Click here for required vaccines and proof of immunization required.
- Enter the dates of your completed vaccines to myUOHealth Student Portal using your UO email (Duck ID).
- Upload your vaccine record from your doctor or ask your doctor to complete the UO Certificate of Immunization Status form and upload to myUOHealth Student Portal.
- Complete the “Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire” in myUOHealth Student Portal. If you are at a higher risk of TB, you will be notified of further instructions.
If you cannot complete all the required vaccines in your home country prior to arrival, you will be required to get the vaccines during International Student Orientation and will be charged accordingly. We strongly recommend you complete all vaccines prior to arrival.
If you have questions about immunizations, you can email email@example.com.
MY UO HEALTH STUDENT PORTAL
Submit Insurance Compliance Form and Review the UO Student Health Benefits Plan
Review the International Student Health Insurance Requirements and the International Student Health Benefits Plan carefully. You will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Benefits Plan unless you request to waive out of the student plan. You must complete one of the following or you will not be able to register for classes:
- Complete the Insurance Compliance Form through myUOHealthStudentPortal
- Submit a Waiver Request of the Student Health Benefits Plan if you meet the waiver criteria
Pay attention to dates of insurance coverage and deadlines. You might arrive in the US before health insurance begins. Consider purchasing a travel policy to cover the dates prior to the start of coverage.
International Graduate Employees Only: Students with a graduate employee appointment (GE) are eligible to enroll in the GTFF health insurance plan. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you sign up for GTFF insurance, you must complete a Waiver Request to be removed from the UO Student Health Benefits Plan. Deadlines and costs apply.
If you have questions about health insurance, you can email UOstudentinsure@uoregon.edu.
Plan for International Student Orientation (ISO)
- Visit the ISO website for dates. Plan to arrive a few days early to adjust to the timezone.
- Check your email: Three months before ISO, you will receive emails from email@example.com with instructions on how to sign up and other things you need to do.
- Graduate students: You are expected to attend ISO when it does not conflict with your Graduate School Orientation events.
- Portland Students: you are not required to come to Eugene for international student orientation. A separate international orientation will be held in Portland.
- Arrange for temporary housing: If you cannot move into your permanent housing before ISO begins you can stay with a host family for free or make a hotel reservation near campus.
Host Family Welcome Program: Limited spaces are available to stay with a local family for a few days before moving into your residence hall or apartment. You can apply through the FFIS website when the application is open
TIP: the EMX bus may stop near your hotel and connect directly to the UO. Show your UO ID to ride for free!
Arrange for housing
On-Campus Living: All first-year undergraduate students are REQUIRED to live on-campus (Eugene campus only). Click on Apply for On-campus Housing below.
Off-Campus Living: Click on Search for Off-campus Housing below.
Portland-based Students: Click on Portland Housing Resources below
Tuition Due Dates/Payment Options
To help you plan ahead, the Business Affairs website posts Tuition Payment Due Dates for each term. You will not be billed for tuition and fees until after you attend International Student Orientation and register for classes.
Sign the Revolving Charge Agreement
All new students must sign a revolving charge agreement acknowledging that you have received the information that explains the terms and conditions of your billing account. To sign the agreement, login to Duckweb, select “Student Menu”, select “Revolving Charge Agreement.” Read, check box to agree, and sign.