New Initial I-20

Request New Initial I-20

If you have been outside the U.S. for 5 or more months, your old I-20 has been terminated and you need to request a new “initial” I-20 to return to the U.S. Before a new “initial” I-20 can be sent to you, please follow the steps below:

1.    Log into the iConnect Student Portal below and submit the New Initial I-20 Request eForm and upload evidence of financial resources, scholarships or UO funding equal to one year of estimated expenses (see “Estimated Expenses” below). ISSS will verify your eligibility to re-enroll with the Office of the Registrar and Business Office, then issue your new I-20. If there are any holds on your student account, these must be resolved before your I-20 can be sent to you.

2.    Check your registration priority time and then log into Duckweb to register for classes. If you have been away from the UO for four (4) or more terms, you must complete a Re-enrollment Application with the Office of the Registrar.

3.    Graduate Students: Please make sure you notify the Graduate School and your UO Department of your intent to return. 

Estimated Expenses

For undergraduate students, the total estimated expense for one academic year is $62,899

For graduate students, please visit Financial Documentation for Graduate Students