J-1 Employment Options (and J-2 Dependents)

You must receive employment authorization BEFORE you begin working. The following employment options are available as long as you are in good academic standing and are enrolled in a full course of study (except for official school breaks and the annual vacation quarter).

If your program sponsor is not the UO, but an outside organization (such as Fulbright/IIE), you will need to obtain employment authorization from your sponsoring organization.