International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). Selected ICSP students receive a tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from $7,500 - $30,000. ICSP students agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program. Cultural service can include speaking or giving demonstrations to schools or community groups about the heritage and culture of your country or participating in international events on campus.
The following criteria are used to select the successful candidate:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Experience participating in cultural activities
- Demonstrated performance and presentation skills
- Strong academic records
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for 2018-19 by January 15, 2018. To apply for admission click here.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
How to Apply
Instructions for submitting your application are at the bottom of the application form. Below is a list of ideas for how to best submit your application.
- Download the application with Adobe Reader or Pro
- Use the fillable pdf to complete your application and save it on your computer.
- Save your application and all attachments as pdf’s.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org in one complete email with all materials attached.
- The subject of your email should be your name and the name of the application you are submitting. Example: (Yi Wang ICSP)
If you experience any technical difficulties with the form please email email@example.com for help.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018