Congratulations on your admission to the University of Oregon (UO)! We are thrilled to welcome you to the Ducks family.
Because you are currently attending a U.S. educational institution, or are completing Optional Practical Training (OPT), you must have your active SEVIS record transferred to the UO. Contact an international student advisor at your current institution to notify them that you intend to request the transfer of your SEVIS record to the UO.
Notify UO of the Transfer of your SEVIS Record:
ACTION REQUIRED: Download, print and complete the F-1 SEVIS Transfer-In Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You and your current institution must both complete the F-1 SEVIS Transfer-In Form. Please provide your current international student advisor with the appropriate SEVIS codes, depending on your degree program. The codes are as follows:
- University of Oregon, Eugene campus: POO214F00001000
(To be used by all undergraduate and graduate students attending programs other than the ones listed below.)
- University of Oregon, Portland campus: POO214F00001001
(To be used by students pursuing graduate degrees in Sports Product Management, Sports Product Design, Multimedia Journalism, or Strategic Communications.)
UO Transfer Policy Guidelines:
• To be eligible to transfer your SEVIS record to the UO, your UO program must begin no later than 5 months after the end of your final term at your current institution or final day of OPT.
• You must request the transfer of your SEVIS record within the 60-day grace period following the end of your degree program or after you have ended OPT employment. If you are not graduating or on OPT, you must request the transfer of your SEVIS record before the start of the next term at your current institution.
• You will not be eligible to transfer your record to the UO if you are already outside the U.S. and have missed the 60-day grace period, or if your UO program will begin more than five months after the end of your current program, last day of attendance or OPT end date. Instead, you will receive a new “Initial Attendance” I-20 with a new SEVIS ID and will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee again for your new SEVIS record.
• Although the UO does not have a deadline to receive your SEVIS record, we strongly recommend that your SEVIS record is transferred and released before the first day of classes.
• If you are on OPT, you will lose your OPT status as soon as your record is released to the UO. Therefore, you should plan the end of your OPT employment and set your SEVIS transfer date with your current school accordingly.
Receiving Your UO I-20:
• Your UO I-20 will be issued within three day after your SEVIS record is transferred to the UO. Please take this into consideration when notifying us about where you would like us to send your I-20.
• Your I-20 will be emailed to your UO email and cannot be emailed to any other personal email outside of the university. If you have not claimed your UO email, please activate your DuckID here.
Printing Your I-20:
• The US Department of Homeland Security now allows digitally signed and e-mailed I-20s. However, you will need to print a hard copy of an e-mailed I-20 and travel with it in-hand for entry to the U.S. Digital copies, photo copies, screenshots, or presenting your electronic I-20 on your phone, tablet, or laptop will not be acceptable for any official purpose.
F-1 Visa and Transfer I-20:
• If your visa has expired, you may remain in the U.S. as long as you have received your transfer-pending I-20 from the UO and have no plans to travel outside the U.S. within the five-month transfer period. However, you will need to renew your F-1 visa the next time you leave the U.S.
• If you are outside the U.S., you will be able to use your current, unexpired F-1 visa to re-enter the U.S., even if it has your previous school’s name printed on it.
• If you are outside the U.S. and your visa has expired or will expire before returning to the U.S., you must use your UO I-20 to renew your F-1 visa.
Arriving at UO:
• Complete the “Immigration Document Check-in” within 10 days of arrival by logging into iconnect.uoregon.edu with your DuckID.
Contact International Student & Scholar Services at email@example.com or call 541-346-3206. The ISSS office is located on the 3rd floor of Oregon Hall in the Division of Global Engagement on the UO Eugene campus.