Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

CPT allows paid or unpaid internship, practicum, or field work experience that is an integral part of your degree experience. You can request CPT only if you are still working toward your degree, and in most cases, you must register for an internship or practicum class before you can be approved for CPT. CPT is allowed only after you have completed at least one academic year, requires a job offer, and is approved by an international student advisor with the recommendation of your academic advisor. To request CPT, you must submit a completed CPT Request Form along with a job offer letter that specifies your internship / job site, job dates, hours per week, and a description of job duties.


Download CPT Request Form