Login to DuckWeb and update your PAC
DuckWeb is the University of Oregon’s online information system. You will need your UO Student ID and PAC to login to Duckweb. You received your PAC by mail when you submitted your application for admission. You will also receive your PAC in your letter of acceptance, unless you (or someone else) has already logged into your DuckWeb account. Once you login to Duckweb you will be prompted to update your PAC. Update your PAC to a password you can remember, as you will use it often. If your letter of acceptance does not include your PAC, or you forgot it, you can reset your PAC.
Submit your intent to register form (Fall Term Only)
- Undergraduate Admits: Complete the Intent to Register form
- Graduate Admits: Each Graduate program requires different procedures for informing the program of you intent to enroll. Please contact them directly for further information.
Create your Duck ID and UO email account
Your Duck ID is your UO email address. Set up your UO email account. Click on 'Claim Your Duck ID.' You will need your UO ID number and your PAC (see step 1).
Having trouble? Visit the IT website.
Complete the required online orientation
Complete online testing
- Undergraduate students must complete their AEIS English Language Placement Test AND Math Placement Test before traveling to Eugene. If you do not complete both tests, you will not be allowed to register for classes. Check your UO e-mail to stay updated on the testing process.
- Graduate Students: Placement testing is not required for MOST graduate students. Make sure you understand all your program requirements by communicating with your academic department.
- Exchange Students: Placement testing is not required.
Submit Proof of Immunizations/Vaccines
Submit Proof of Immunizations/Vaccines
All incoming UO students are required to: 1) complete a Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire; and 2) either provide proof of vaccination/immunity for a variety of infectious diseases, or initiate an approved waiver process. See Immunization Requirements on the University Health Center website for full details. Submit your dates of vaccination/immunization and upload a copy of your vaccine record through the my UO Health Student Portal (see link below).
If you have questions about immunizations, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Insurance Compliance Form and Review the UO Student Health Benefits Plan
All international students and their dependents are required to have health insurance. All students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the UO Student Health Benefits Plan. You must complete the following before you can register for classes.
- Complete the Insurance Compliance Form through the my UO Health Student Portal (see link below).
- Review the International Student Health Insurance Plan on the University Health Center website. Pay attention to dates of insurance coverage and deadlines. You might arrive in the US before health insurance begins. Consider purchasing a travel policy for this time period.
International Graduate Employees Only: Students with a graduate employee appointment (GE) are eligible to enroll in the GTFF health insurance plan. For more information contact email@example.com. If you sign up for GTFF insurance, you must complete a Waiver Request to be removed from the UO Student Health Benefits Plan. Deadlines and costs apply.
If you have questions about health insurance, you can email UOstudentinsure@uoregon.edu.
Plan for International Student Orientation (ISO)
- Visit the ISO website for dates. Plan to arrive a few days early to adjust to the timezone.
- Watch your email: Three months before ISO you will receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to sign up and other things you need to do.
- Special note for Graduate students: You are expected to attend ISO when it does not conflict with your Graduate School Orientation events.
- Arrange for temporary housing: If you cannot move into your permanent housing before ISO begins you can stay with a host family for free or make a hotel reservation near campus.
Host Family Welcome: Limited spaces are available to stay with a local family for a few days before moving into your residence hall or apartment. Sign ups for fall term 2017 are open July 1-31. You can apply through the FFIS website when the application is open
TIP: the EMX bus may stop near your hotel and connect directly to the UO. Show your UO ID to ride for free!
Arrange for housing
IMPORTANT NOTE: All first-year undergraduate students are REQUIRED to live on campus beginning Fall 2017. For more information, go to University Housing website.
- If you plan to live off-campus, see the off-campus living guide.
Tuition Due Dates/Payment Options
To help you plan ahead, the Business Affairs website posts Tuition Payment Due Dates for each term. You will not be billed for tuition and fees until after you attend International Student Orientation and register for classes.
Sign the Revolving Charge Agreement
All new students must sign a revolving charge agreement acknowledging that you have received the information which explains the terms and conditions of your billing account. To sign the agreement, login to Duckweb, select “Student Menu”, select “Revolving Charge Agreement.” Read, check box to agree, and sign.