The application deadline has passed for 2017-2018. Application period will open in October 2017 for the 2018-2019 school year.
International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). Selected ICSP students receive a tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from $7,500 - $30,000. ICSP students agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program. Cultural service can include speaking or giving demonstrations to schools or community groups about the heritage and culture of your country or participating in international events on campus.
The following criteria are used to select the successful candidate:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Experience participating in cultural activities
- Demonstrated performance and presentation skills
- Strong academic records
- Strong communication skills
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for 2017-18 by January 15, 2017. To apply for admission go to http://admissions.uoregon.edu/international/index.html.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.