Login to DuckWeb and update your PAC
DuckWeb is the University of Oregon’s online information system for students. Your PAC allows you to login to your DuckWeb account. You will need your UO Student ID and PAC to login to Duckweb. You should have received your PAC by regular post when you submitted your application for admission. You will also receive your PAC in the letter of acceptance being sent to you, unless you (or someone else) has already logged into your DuckWeb account.
Once you login to Duckweb you will be automatically prompted to update your PAC. Update your PAC to a password you can remember. You will need it for several of the steps in this prearrival checklist.
If your letter of acceptance does not include your PAC, or you forgot it, you can reset your PAC.
Inform Program of Your Intent to Enroll
Each UO graduate program requires different procedures for informing the program of your intent to enroll. Please contact your program directly for further information. You may access a list of Portland-based programs at pdx.uoregon.edu/academic-programs.
Create your Duck ID and UO email account
Your Duck ID is the username that comes before your UO email address. Set up your UO email account. Click on ‘Claim Your Duck ID.’ You will need the UO ID number and the Personal Access Code (PAC) found in your letter of admission. If you have trouble setting up your Duck ID the IT website has more detailed instructions.
Complete the required pre-arrival training module
Arrange for housing
Portland offers an affordable, central mix of off-campus housing options. For more information go to: pdx.uoregon.edu
Return required forms
- Submit Immunization Forms. The UO requires proof of measles (Rubeola) and mumps immunity for all incoming students. Submit your forms to the Health Center.
- Send transcript. After you complete your studies at your current school, send a final transcript to UO Office of Admissions, 1217 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 unless you have already provided this information to the Graduate School
Read information about your required UO Health insurance
All international students are required to carry health insurance and are automatically enrolled in and billed for the UO Student Health Benefits Plan. You will have access to health services through Portland State University’s Center for Student Health and Counseling. Health insurance is a complex topic that you will learn more during ISO. Please get started by completing the following:
- Read the information provided at the UO Health Insurance Plan website.
- You will need to pay extra attention to this information if you would like to submit a Waiver or enroll your dependents in the plan. Deadlines apply.
- Please notice the insurance start and end dates. It is possible that you will be arriving in the US before health insurance coverage begins. You may want to purchase a travel policy for anytime you are in the US before your UO health insurance begins.
- International students who have graduate employee appointment (GE) are eligible to enroll in the GTFF health insurance plan. For more information and to enroll contact the GTFF Benefits Administrator at email@example.com. If you sign up for the GTFF insurance, you must complete a waiver request form to be removed from the student insurance. Deadlines and costs apply.
If you have questions about health insurance, you can email UOstudentinsure@uoregon.edu.
Tuition Due Dates/Payment Options
To help you plan ahead, the Business Affairs website posts Tuition Payment Due Dates for each term. You will not be billed for tuition and fees until after you attend International Student Orientation and register for classes. International Student Payments can be made through the University of Oregon's partner, Flywire.
Plan to Attend International Student Session
Your program will provide a special orientation session with the UO Office of International Affairs to answer your questions about studying in the US. UO Portland also offers an International Student Club so you can meet and interact with other international students in the various program offered in Portland.
Don't forget apply for your visa, book your flight to arrive in Portland and follow all instructions from your Grad School program. See you soon!